[Ndca-l] Chase Urban Debate National Championship Qualifying Teams

Leonard A. Gail LennyGail
Tue Apr 14 19:02:03 EDT 2009

Dear Fellow Urban Debate Supporters,

As you probably know, the Chase Urban Debate National Championship and Annual Dinner are both right around the corner.

I?ve included below the teams that have qualified to compete for the Championship.  We congratulate these hard-working students and teachers for their efforts this year and look forward to a very competitive and educational tournament.  And, please know that your support helps make debate programs such as theirs possible.

To see these accomplished debaters in action and to continue to support our efforts, reserve your ticket today for the 2009 NAUDL Annual Dinner.  The Annual Dinner will take place on the evening of Saturday, April 25, 2009 at the internationally acclaimed Art Institute of Chicago.  Individual tickets can be purchased for $295 each at www.urbandebate.org/tickets or by calling Adriana Willsie at 312.427.0389. For more information about the evening, to go www.urbandebate.org/nationaldinner.shtml.  After you have purchased your ticket, please register for the event online and indicate your dietary and seating preferences at www.urbandebate.org/register.

Even if you are unable to attend the Dinner, please consider sponsoring one or more tickets for urban debate educators and alumni, so that they may attend this exciting event. Furthermore, a sponsorship of $1,000 will earn you recognition at the Annual Dinner and in the evening?s program book in addition to providing extra seats for educators and alumni.

Atlanta Urban Debate League

Henry W. Grady High School
Michael Barlow and John Holland
Coach: Mary Willoughby

Henry W. Grady HS and Maynard H. Jackson HS
Minh Lam (Grady) and Robin Ayers (Jackson)

Baltimore Urban Debate League

Baltimore City College High School
William Stokes and Nicholas Vail
Coach: Fernando Kirkman

Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
Eboni Lightner and Kristian Sellers
Coach: Gale Fletcher

Bay Area Urban Debate League

Skyline High School
Kayla Wheatfall and Mya Whitaker
Coach: Monica Dacumos

Street Academy
David W. Benoit Jr. and Jessica Meeling Winsey
Coach: Tracey Burns

Boston Debate League

Academy of Public Service
Tyrell Carter and Julio Lanzo
Coach: Locksley Bryan

Josiah Quincy Upper School
Frezzella Cullinane and Jason Mak
Coach: Richard Chang

Chicago Debate League

Walter Payton College Preparatory High School
Halle Apy and Jeremiah Pickert
Coach: Katherine Chiuu

Whitney M. Young Magnet High School
Misael Gonzalez and Kevin Hirn
Coach: Drew Nishioka

Dallas Urban Debate League

W. T. White High School
Richard Barbosa and Valencia Harvey
Coach: Linda Ferguson

W. T. White High School
Barron Branch and Anthony Salazar

DEBATE Kansas City

Central High School
Taylor Dias and Reggie Roby
Coach: Jane Rinehart

Lincoln College Preparatory Academy
Charlotte Goebel and Michael Gorious
Coach: Martha Brackman

Denver Urban Debate League

West High School
Reuben Aguirre and Humberto Munoz, Jr.
Coach: Feliz Armijo

Thomas Jefferson High School
Byron Moore and Christian Ulrickson
Coach: Wauneta Vann

Detroit Urban Debate League

Henry Ford High School
Shanelle Ellis and Amber Shephard
Coach: Bernadette Taliaferro-Cain

Northwestern High School
Lakeenen Foster and Roman Motley
Coach: Alfred Fields

District of Columbia Urban Debate League

Hyde Leadership Public Charter School
Alan DuBose, Jr. and Adam Mathews
Coach: Alectia Whren

McKinley Technology High School
Angela Lubkeman and Ikechukwu Umez-Eronini
Coach: Dale Lubkeman

Houston Urban Debate League

Westbury High School
Maria Alfaro and Dan Dinh
Coach: Marsha Jump

John H. Reagan Senior High School
Brandon Clements and David Perez
Coach: Chloe Evans

Jersey Urban Debate League

University High School
Jamil Ahmed and Youseff Camara
Coach: Kurt Shelton

Science Park High School
Kylah Broughton and Ivelisse Tirado
Coach: Jonathan Alston

Los Angeles Urban Debate League

View Park Preparatory Accelerated High School
Wilbert Thomas and Jean Ferrioullet
Coach: Brent Hansford

Abraham Lincoln Senior High School
Joseph Flores and Brandon Nhan
Coach: Sean Leys

Memphis Urban Debate League

Whitehaven High School
Ashley Ray and Brooke Smith
Coach: LaJuana Broden

Overton High School
Keenon Fox and Amber Robinson
Coach: Brandon Rader

Milwaukee Debate League

Lynde and Harry Bradley Technology and Trade School
Janet Escobedo and Miloran Robinson
Coach: Myrte Campbell

Professional Learning Institute
Kadeem Banks and Jenny Daniels
Coach: David Sullivan-Konyn

Minnesota Urban Debate League

Minneapolis South High School
Jane Olmstead-Rumsey and Amaris Vangen-Adams
Coach: Desiree Weber

North Community High School
Kristell Caballero-Saucedo and Brittany Williams
Coach: Eli Brennan

Northwest Debate Foundation

West Seattle High School
Karen Dean and Brenden Petersen
Coach: Brett Orlob

Garfield High School
Pittman Bryant and Austin Cole
Coach: Joseph Swarner

Rhode Island Urban Debate League

William M. Davies Jr. Career & Technical High School
Angelique Higgins and Bryan Whalen
Coach: William Gorry

Woonsocket High School
Thomas Dubois and Tara Sennick
Coach: Anthony Cosentino

St. Louis Urban Debate League

Gateway Institute of Technology
Charles Roy and Jared Spalding
Coach: Jonathan Reynolds

Central Visual and Performing Arts High School
Lorrie Leong and Kayla Massey
Coach: Caleb Matthews

Your presence at the NAUDL?s Annual Dinner will move us closer to the day that all urban youth have access to the life trajectory-changing benefits of debate.  I hope you will join us.

Please register today.

Sincerely,
Leonard A. Gail
Chairman of the Board

This message was sent by: The National Association for Urban Debate Leagues, 332 South Michigan Avenue, Suite #500, Chicago, Il 60604