[Ndca-l] NDCA Special Recognition - full email :)

Tara Tate ttate
Mon Apr 20 11:46:20 EDT 2009

The Super 8 at Las Vegas' internet was not 100% awesome...apparently only 1/2 of my email got out.  I apologize for the additional email.  Here is the full version:

Greetings from Las Vegas!

I am proud to announce that the NDCA honored and recognized the following coaches last night at our awards ceremony.  Actual tournament results can be found at http://www.debatecoaches.org.

EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR - Glenda Ferguson, Coppell HS (TX)
Glenda was recognized as the NDCA EOY last night.  An etched crystal vase will be shipped to Glenda.  We have also honored Glenda with a lifetime membership and a letter on behalf of the NDCA will be sent to her administration.

SERVICE AWARD - Bill Batterman, Marquette University HS (WI)
In its award inaugural year, Bill was recognized for his incredible service to the community through the creation/maintenance of the wiki and the calculation of the Baker race.  Thanks for everything, Bill!  He was awarded with a plaque and an Amazon.com gift card.

TOURNAMENT HOST OF THE YEAR AWARD - Shane Stafford, Blake School (MN)
If you have attended the Blake tournament, you know that this award was an easy call!  This award is given by the NDCA Executive Board to a tournament that provides quality competition, judging, and hospitality.

Tara

Best,
Tara L. Tate
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South (IL)
President, National Debate Coaches Association
Co-director, The 2008 Glenbrooks
4000 West Lake Avenue
Glenview, IL 60026
(847) 486-4746