[Ndca-l] NDCA Reps @ NFHS Topic Meeting

Tara Tate TTATE
Mon Apr 27 15:55:50 EDT 2009

On behalf of the NDCA Board, I am pleased to announce that the Board has selected Aaron Timmons (Greenhill, TX) and Dan Lingel (Dallas Jesuit, TX) to be the NDCA representatives at the 2009 NFHS Topic Meeting in Grand Island, NY.

Both Aaron and Dan have served the NDCA in a variety of ways over the past few years.  Aaron has been a previous board member of the NDCA and has participated in the topic process before.  Dan is a past President of the NDCA and has served as our Championships' tab room director the past two years.  The NDCA will be served well with Timmons and Lingel heading up our caucus.

NDCA members will be active participants in the 2009 topic meeting...NDCA members serve on the topic committee, will be presenting topic papers, and are serving as state representatives.  I believe that there will be four past NDCA presidents in attendance at the meeting.  :)

If you have questions about the NFHS topic process, please feel free to email me since my newly carved out Board duties include topic meeting/topic vote duties.

Thanks to all that showed interest.  The Board really did have a tough decision between a lot of great candidates.

Best,
Tara L. Tate
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South (IL)
Executive Board Member, National Debate Coaches Association
Co-director, The 2009 Glenbrooks
4000 West Lake Avenue
Glenview, IL 60026
(847) 486-4746