[Ndca-l] Poverty Lesson Plan

Tara Tate ttate
Mon May 18 22:02:10 EDT 2009

Hi everyone!

I just uploaded a multi-week Poverty Unit that I developed over the course of the past month.  The approach is not one that is debate centered (although debate research is one of the choices for student projects) but one that is a current event approach to domestic (and global poverty).  For those that may have a few days remaining in school and are straining to find something for novice classes OR for potential lesson plans next fall (break the curriculum apart for substitute plans on those days that you are gone!), this may be a useful tool.  If you find other resources that you are utilizing, please let me know and I will add them to the curriculum for all of us to share.

You can find this curriculum (as well as other lesson plan resources) at http://www.debatecoaches.org.  Click on tab at top for resources - the poverty unit is under Policy Curriculum.

Tara

Best,
Tara L. Tate
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South (IL)
President, National Debate Coaches Association
Co-director, The 2008 Glenbrooks
4000 West Lake Avenue
Glenview, IL 60026
(847) 486-4746