[Ndca-l] Car wash?

Tara Tate ttate
Mon May 25 10:58:26 EDT 2009

This sounds like a very small question, but one of the best things about communicating with colleagues is getting practical answers to simple questions.

We are having a car wash for the first time next Saturday.  I have never ran a car wash nor do I have any experience (at least from what I can recall) participating in them?

I think I know the gist of how it goes but can someone help me out.  Quick list of supplies?   Is it better to charge a flat rate or do it via donations?  What is a good length of time?  Any other tips that can make it more lucrative (i.e. do people go out and put fliers on cars at nearby businesses?  We already have kids designated to hold posters at the intersection).

Any help would be great!

Tara

Best,
Tara L. Tate
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South (IL)
President, National Debate Coaches Association
Co-director, The 2008 Glenbrooks
4000 West Lake Avenue
Glenview, IL 60026
(847) 486-4746