[Ndca-l] Results of the Ethics Statement voting

Speer, Mike SpeerMik
Tue Nov 3 15:13:59 EST 2009

While reasonable people can certainly disagree, the Ethics Statement
seemed like a pretty gentle nudge in the direction of some community
norms on these important matters.

If the NDCA members are concerned about the potential chaos of
unfettered democracy, maybe a rule requiring 60 percent approval of
respondents would an appropriate compromise.

I am not completely convinced that the majority of the 90 members who
did not vote intended their "non-vote" to be counted as a "no."

Mike Speer
Debate Coach
Director of Technology
Berkeley Preparatory School
Tampa, FL 33634
(813) 777-4298

Berkeley puts people in the world who make a positive difference.