[Ndca-l] Glenbrook South looking for assistant coach(es) - 2010-2011

Tara Tate ttate
Fri Apr 23 18:50:02 EDT 2010

Hi everyone!

Glenbrook South is looking to fill up to two of its assistant coaching stipends for the 2010-2011 school year.  Ideally, one of those assistant coaches would be for policy debate and the other would be for Student Congress.

The positions are somewhat flexible in regards to "time".  Tied to one of the assistant coaching stipends is a paraprofessional position in the building.  For the past couple of years, this position involves being an Instructional Assistant for debate for two periods a day and then assisting in the Dean's Office for the other hours, such as working in the Testing Center and/or Study Halls.  No teaching certification required, but this is a day-to-day job with expectations in the building besides card cutting and tournament attending.

It is possible that, if I can't find the above, we would use the assistant coaching stipend just as an extra-curricular stipend after school for coaching/card cutting/tournament attending.  It is preferable that this person still be in the Chicago area.

Please let me know if you are interested in either of the above positions and I will send out the information.  This should not be viewed as a legal notice of a job opening.  This will be created by Glenbrook ISD this coming week.

Happy TOC prepping!

Tara

Best,
Tara L. Tate
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South (IL)
Executive Board, National Debate Coaches Association
Co-director, The 2009 Glenbrooks
4000 West Lake Avenue
Glenview, IL 60026
(847) 486-4746