[Ndca-l] 2010 James M. Langan Invitational @ Scranton High School - Registration Opening Soon

Brian Manuel clariondebate
Sun Aug 1 17:25:14 EDT 2010

Hello - I hope everyone is having a great summer!

Registration for the 2010 James M. Langan Invitational @ Scranton High
School will be opened by the end of the week.

The dates for this years event are November 13-14, with registration on
Friday night November 12th.  This years we will be using a new
Saturday/Sunday format.

A few highlights & new features of the 2010 Langan Invitational:

1. $20/entry fee per student.  This entry fee includes 3 meals provided at
the competition site
2. We've recently been certified as a final round qualifier to the
Tournament of Champions in Varsity Policy Debate
3. Free coach/judge hospitality throughout the entire tournament, including
evening receptions at the tournament hotel
4. Great hotel rates at 3 locations for $85/night.  More information
included when registration open
5. The 2011 site for the National Debate Coaches Association National
Championships - give us a test run in November so that you are familiarized
with the area for a return in April of 2011.

Besides the above highlights - we will offer a tremendous opportunity for
Novice and Varsity level competition during our tournament, including:

6 Preliminary Debates clearing to Octo-Finals in Varsity Policy Debate
5 Preliminary Debates clearing to Quarter-Finals in Varsity/Novice Lincoln
Douglas, Public Forum, and Novice Debate
5 Preliminary Rounds clearing to Semi-Finals in Varsity/Novice Speech Events
3 Session clearing to a Super Session in Varsity/Novice Congress

** Elimination Rounds are dependent on the amount of teams registered for
the tournament**

The Scranton High School Speech & Debate Team looks forward to hosting you
this November.  Any questions related to the tournament can be directed to
me directly or sent to our tournament email (langan.invitational at gmail.com).

Thank you!

--
Brian Manuel
Tournament Director - James M. Langan Speech and Debate Invitational