[Ndca-l] NDCA Pleased to Announce Expanded and More User-Friendly Website!

McFarland, Tracy TMcFarland
Thu Aug 5 19:27:43 EDT 2010

The members of the NDCA Executive Board hope that you are having a rejuvenating summer!  The Board continues to work to promote debate in all its forms across the country--locally, regionally, and nationally.  As a part of that effort, we are excited to announce a newly revamped and expanded version of our website!
The new website, still located at debatecoaches.org ,includes great new features we hope makes accessing the benefits of NDCA membership even easier!

?	Open Evidence:  Again this year, the NDCA has partnered with workshops across the country to make evidence available to everyone?for free, with no strings attached!  The new website makes accessing the files even easier by searching for key terms, viewing by workshop or viewing by argument category. You will see several workshops up currently BUT be sure to check back weekly as we will continue to add new workshops as workshops finish up.  We are excited once again to have all of the major workshops participating in the Open Evidence Project!
?	Membership:  While you can still submit a check and membership form in person, our new website will allow you to join or renew your membership online using a secure online payment feature.
?	Calendar:  NDCA continues to compile information on tournaments around the country.  Make use of our calendar for travel and planning purposes! Contact an NDCA Board Member if you would like your tournament added to the calendar.
?	Blogging:  Join our corner of the blogosphere by becoming a blogger on the NDCA site.  You can also view blogs posted by special guest bloggers and NDCA Board Members.
?	Board Election Candidate Statements:  Beginning in September you will be able to view candidate statements for the upcoming Board elections to be an informed voter.  Contact an NDCA Board Member if you are interested in running for a seat.
?	Classroom Curriculum and Lesson Plans:  Newly organized curriculum for many activities, including Policy Debate, LD, Student Congress, Public Forum and Extemp.  You will find curriculum much easier to access and download on the new and improved site.  You can also search by topic as well as by debate coach that posted the lesson.  If you have lesson plans or curriculum ideas you would like to share, please contact an NDCA Board Member!
?	Much, much more information on coaching, debate and the community awaits you on the easier to navigate website.  Check it out!

Best wishes as you start the new school year!  Please let us know if we can assist you!
Tracy McFarland, Chair on behalf of the NDCA Executive Board