[Ndca-l] HS topic committee coverage

Timmons, Aaron timmonsa
Sat Aug 7 17:35:14 EDT 2010

Greetings,

We are done with day two of the topic selection meeting in Chicago. Below are the topics we have thus far. If you have substantive suggestions to change the resolutions please email me with a rationale and the suggestions ASAP. We can suggest those tomorrow.

Best,

Aaron

The United States federal government should establish rules of engagement governing its use of cyber warfare.

The United States federal government should substantially increase its development assistance to Southeast Asia.

The United States federal government should substantially increase its constructive engagement with the Russian Federation.

The United States federal government should substantially increase its exploration and/or development of space beyond the Earth?s mesosphere.

The United States federal government should substantially increase its cooperation with India in one or more of the following areas: civilian space programs, nuclear proliferation, trade.

The International Monetary Fund and/or the World Bank should eliminate one or more economic policy conditions placed upon Highly Indebted Poor Countries.

The United States federal government should substantially increase its urban renewal assistance in the United States.

The United States federal government should substantially increase its economic engagement with the People?s Republic of China on one or more of the following issues: trade, currency, environment.