[Ndca-l] GDS Tournament

Kristie Cramer kcramer558
Fri Aug 13 15:01:50 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Jim & I thought we should touch base with all of you about the annual GDS
tournament in September.

As many of you know we're in the process of setting up registration on Joy
of Tournaments, we hope to be live no latter then August 25th.  I apologize
for the delay, at this point we're waiting to confirm our tournament hotel.

For planning purposes the tournament will be hosted at Georgetown Day School
- High School this year.  Registration will be held Friday night (September
24) at the tournament hotel, prelims will be held on Saturday & Sunday
(along with starting elimination rounds).  Monday (September 27) we will
continue elimination rounds at the tournament hotel.

We will continue to offer housing for students &
help coordinate transportation if necessary.  Despite making minor
modifications to the tournament, ie going on JOT & returning to the
Saturday-Monday debate schedule, our fees are the same as last years
($125/team) and include breakfast & lunch on Saturday & Sunday.

If you have questions about the tournament or needs that you would like
addressed now please feel free to email me.  As some of you know, I've have
accepted the position of Director of Debate at GDS (Jim is staying on in an
advisory position) and get to play the role of tournament director this year
so I'd be happy to answer any questions.

I hope to see many of you in September!  Enjoy what's left of your summer.

Kristie

--
Kristie Cramer
Director of Debate - Georgetown Day School