[Ndca-l] New Director at Marquette + Hilltopper Classic - September 17-19, 2010

Bill Batterman billbatterman
Fri Aug 20 08:31:24 EDT 2010

As many of you know, I have moved to Atlanta and am now the Associate
Director of Debate at Woodward Academy. Ben Schultz, my former assistant at
Marquette University High School, was named the new director of that program
yesterday. His first order of business is to host the Hilltopper Classic --
it will be held on the planned dates, September 17-19th, and will follow a
similar schedule to last season (with only the semifinals and finals of
Varsity policy on Sunday morning). Complete details will be available
shortly on Joy of Tournaments.

Ben has been my right hand man for the last four years and has been
instrumental in running the Marquette Tournament -- you all are in good
hands. If you've attended the Hilltopper Classic in the past, I encourage
you to return. If you haven't attended in the past and are in the Great
Lakes/Midwest region, I encourage you to add it to your schedule. Milwaukee
in September is beautiful and the tournament provides exceptional
hospitality.

Best of luck as you begin the new school year!

Bill Batterman
Associate Director of Debate
Woodward Academy