[Ndca-l] NDCA Topic Ballot 2011-2012

McFarland, Tracy TMcFarland
Sun Aug 29 14:29:47 EDT 2010

Greetings from the NDCA!

Although we haven't yet debate this year's topic, the results from the NFHS Topic Meeting from Summer 2010 are in!

If you're new to the organization, the NFHS granted the NDCA and its members voting rights several years ago, allowing the NDCA as an organization to vote like states do.

As a result, between now and October 15, we will be collecting votes from current members ranking the 5 problems areas under consideration for the 2011-2012 season.  A second ballot will be sent to you on in late October containing the two final topics, as voted on by states and organizations. We will then conduct the final voting in time to submit the NDCA vote to the NFHS by January 4, 2011. The debate topic will be announced on January 7, 2011.

Please reply send your ballot to tmcfarland929 at gmail.com for tabulation.  Rank the problem areas below 1 through 5, with 1 your most preferred problem area and 5 your least preferred problem area.  The two areas receiving the lowest totals will be placed on the second ballot to select the 2011-12 debate topic.

A more detailed description of the problem areas can be found at http://debatecoaches.org/

Best,
Tracy McFarland
Chair, NDCA Executive Board

_____ I.           Cyber Security

Resolved: Resolved: The United States federal government should establish rules of engagement governing its use of cyber warfare.

_____ II.         Southeast Asia

Resolved: Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its development assistance to Southeast Asia.

_____ III.        Space Policy

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its exploration and/or development of space beyond the Earth?s mesosphere.

_____ IV.        India

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its cooperation with India in one or more of the following areas: civilian space programs, nuclear proliferation, trade.

_____ V.         China

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its economic engagement with the People?s Republic of China on one or more of the following issues: trade, currency, environment.