[Ndca-l] CNDI Scholarship announcement

Tara Tate ttate
Tue Feb 2 18:14:11 EST 2010

>From NDCA member, Greg Achten -

Stacy Nathan Scholarship

Stacy Nathan was a very successful high school and college debater winning in the course of her career NFL Nationals, the Tournament of Champions, CEDA Nationals and losing in the final round of the NDT on a 3-2 decision. Stacy may be the most successful debater in the history of the Cal Debate program and is a role model for women in debate. Stacy is currently a very successful attorney in Washington D.C. and we are honoring her hard work and success by naming this award after her.

In keeping with the Cal National Debate Institute's (CNDI) and the Regents program's continued commitment to supporting women in debate we are pleased to be able to offer the Stacey Nathan Scholarship to an outstanding female debater. This scholarship will cover the full tuition and room cost for the scholarship winner to attend the CNDI. Interested applicants should send an email to the institute director Greg Achten at gregachten at berkeley.edu outlining qualifications to receive this scholarship. Decisions may be made on a combination of merit and potential for future success. Deadline for submitting applications is March 1st and the winner will be announced by March 20th.

Best,
Tara L. Tate
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South (IL)
Executive Board, National Debate Coaches Association
Co-director, The 2009 Glenbrooks
4000 West Lake Avenue
Glenview, IL 60026
(847) 486-4746