[Ndca-l] Registration Open for the Niles Township Invitational Debate Tournament

Katie Gjerpen katie.gjerpen
Fri Aug 12 13:38:10 EDT 2011

Good afternoon colleagues!

Registration is now open for the second annual Niles Township Invitational
Debate Tournament at http://www.joyoftournaments.com/il/nileswest/info.asp.
The competition will be held at Niles West High School on Friday, September
23 through Sunday, September 25, 2011. We will host one division of Open
Policy Debate. Additionally, we will host a free Novice Workshop on
Saturday, September 24. Tara Tate, Director of Debate at Glenbrook South
High School, will coordinate the Novice Workshop.

Schools may enter the tournament on a first come first serve basis. The
tournament will close registration when it reaches its capacity of
ninety-six teams. Elimination rounds beginning with Octafinals start on
Saturday evening. Awards will be given to the top twenty speakers. Michael
Greenstein, Director of Debate at Glenbrook North High School and Brian
Manuel, Director of Debate at Stanford University will run the tabulation
room. Given the quality of competition in Illinois, we anticipate an
excellent debate experience for your students.

Finally, please find information regarding registration, judging, schedule
of events, and tournament guidelines on Joy of Tournaments. This information
should help to answer any questions you may have. Please remember to
register early on Joy of Tournaments. If you have any additional concerns,
please do not hesitate to call.

We look forward to seeing you in September!

Sincerely,

Eric M. Oddo

Speech & Debate Coordinator

Niles West High School

Katie Gjerpen

Head Debate Coach

Niles North High School

Scott Dahlberg

Director of Curriculum and Instruction

Social Studies Department, Niles Township