[Ndca-l] NDCA Hotel Block Almost Full

Brian Manuel clariondebate
Tue Mar 1 14:44:53 EST 2011

Hello again,

Sorry for multiple emails but Im trying to be as accommodating as possible.

As of 2:40PM our entire 100 room block has been booked at the Radisson
Lackawanna Station.  Im currently negotiating a potential expansion of our
current block, however, they need to legally have extra rooms for other
contractual obligations they already have.

Tomorrow I intend to finalize an overflow hotel contract with the Hilton
Conference Center located directly across the street from the Radisson.
>From my discussions thus far with the Hilton they seem to be able to offer
us the same exact pricing deal as the Radisson.  They are looking to
finalize the other amenities (transport and breakfast).

I will post updated info as soon as I have it handy.  For the time being
please do not just book rooms anywhere you can find and bare with me.  I am
working on this and hope to have it resolved by tomorrow afternoon.

However, if you could email me directly at clariondebate at gmail.com and let
me know your intention to book rooms and how many approximately I will make
a list and make sure you are the first to have space.

Thanks,
Brian Manuel
2011 NDCA Tournament Host

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Nicole Serrano <nicole.serrano at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The NDCA Hotel room block is almost gone! Please try to make some room
> reservations asap at
>
> *Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton*
> http://www.radisson.com/ndcanc
> Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
> 700 Lackawanna Avenue, Scranton PA 18503, US
> Reservations: 1-800-395-7046 US/Canada Toll-free
> Telephone: (570) 342-8300 Fax: (570) 342-0380
> Email: radisson.scranton at gmail.com
>
> Please remember, that this tournament hotel will allow you to maximize all
> of the incredible hospitality that our tournament hosts Brian
> Manuel & Taylor Roth, the University of Scranton, and Scranton High School
> have put together for the tournament.
>
> Please let me know if you are unable to make a reservation this week. We
> are deciding whether to enter into a contract for an overflow
> hotel.
>

> We hope to see you at this year?s NDCA which will have:
> *FREE Shuttle service - although the campus is a very short walk from
> the tournament hotel
> *FREE Breakfast and Lunch
> *the LOWEST entry fees of any national tournament.
> *High quality competition in PFD, LD, and POLICY
>

> To register, please go to.
> http://joyoftournaments.com/nats/ndca/info.asp?p=1

Brian Manuel
Tournament Director - James M. Langan Speech and Debate Invitational
Debate Coach - Lakeland District Debate
Debate Coach - Harvard Debate Inc.
Research/Advertising - Planet Debate