[Ndca-l] Job Opening: Science/Math (+ possible help with debate)

Laila McClay laila.mcclay
Thu May 12 19:55:03 EDT 2011

Our school has an opening for a teacher in Physics and Geometry.  If there
was a candidate who could also help with debate, I would imagine that would
be a huge bonus as we are looking to hire an Assistant Coach at some point
in the future.  St. Vincent de Paul H.S. is in Petaluma, CA (Sonoma County)
about an hour north of San Francisco.  We currently focus exclusively on
Policy Debate and travel on the national circuit.  We have 70-80 kids signed
up for debate next year (out of a school of less than 400) and 15-20 will be
at camp this summer.  This is a growing program with tremendous
institutional support (our principal is a former debater and was also an
English teacher at College Prep in Oakland).  The actual job posting is
below.  Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Laila

--
Laila A. McClay
Director of Speech & Debate

Physics and Mathematics Teacher for 20112012
St. Vincent de Paul High School

St. Vincent de Paul High School seeks a teacher for A.P. physics, regular
physics, and two sections of geometry. The ideal candidate will have
experience with student success on the A.P. physics exam, and a willingness
to teach in two departments with three preps. The candidate should
demonstrate enthusiasm for working with high school students in a Catholic
school community.

The job is part-time (80%) and includes benefits and regular
extra-curricular duties and responsibilities. Interviews begin in early May

Please send cover letter and resume to:

St. Vincent de Paul High School
Attention: John Walker
849 Keokuk St.