[Ndca-l] Lesson Plan idea - Budget Deficit

Tate, Tara ttate
Sun May 29 11:37:48 EDT 2011

A student emailed me this link - it was key to a lesson plan he had in MacroEconomics.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/11/13/weekinreview/deficits-graphic.html

This looks like a great link to anchor a 1-2 day lesson plan on the budget deficit...something quick as the school year winds down.  I will likely develop some materials to include but, if anyone else has ideas to have their kids talk/discuss about the budget deficit, let me know!

FYI - I am trying to get the ad hoc set of Space lesson plans together in a more presentable format.  All of those will posted soon on the NDCA website so you can have them for next school year if you wish!

TT

Best,

Tara L. Tate

Director of Debate, Glenbrook South HS (IL)

Chair of the Board, National Debate Coaches Association

Co-director, The 2011 Glenbrooks