[Ndca-l] Damus Hollywood Invitational/USC RR Update: Hotel and Entries

Christina Tallungan tallungan
Tue Aug 20 23:13:36 EDT 2013

Quick Updates:

(1) Hollywood Invitational Hotel - There are currently only King with
sofabeds left in the hotel block. You can fit 4 students in those rooms
comfortably. There are currently *30 Kings with sofabeds left* in the hotel
block for Nov. 1-Nov. 4, 2013. Please book your rooms as soon as possible
to ensure you will get a decent hotel rate in the LA area. The hotel is
currently asking if I need to expand the block, but I don't want to do that
unless I know that people need the rooms.

(2) RR Hotel - Gordon Stables is finalizing an issue with the contract so
the hotel is not recognizing the block yet. He should have it straightened
out very soon for teams to book the RR hotel. He or I will announce when
teams can contact the Radisson to book rooms.

(3) Entries for Hollywood Invitational - Please enter the ND tournament
soon if you are planning on attending - we have the following lists of
entries on the waitlist currently:

Varsity Policy - waitlisted 78/Max 80
Novice Policy - waitlisted 11/Max 30
Varsity LD - waitlisted 60/Approximate Max 80
Novice LD - waitlisted 2/Approximate Max

While we are still waiting for entry fees to confirm these entries, I just
want to make sure those interested have a chance to register before we are
full to entertain the most competitive field possible in November.

Thank you very much and we look forward to hosting several of you in
November!

Christina Tallungan
Director of Debate
Notre Dame High School