[Ndca-l] 2013 Harker Nichols Registration open!
Fri Aug 23 12:04:16 EDT 2013
Registration has opened for the 2013 Howard and Diana Nichols Invitational hosted by the Harker School in sunny San Jose, California! Our tournament runs Saturday & Sunday, September 28 & 29 at our Upper School campus.
Please visit our invitation & registration page at http://www.joyoftournaments.com/ca/harker/info.asp
* Varsity Public Forum tournament with a quarterfinals-level qualifier to the Tournament of Champions [TOC] and speaker awards
* Middle School Public Forum Tournament open to all levels of Middle School competition
* Novice Public Forum Workshop & Tournament Experience with materials provided [cases & evidence] and instruction from Harker coaches, debaters, and recent alumni - open to first-year debaters of any age
* $5 discount per entry if the coach or school is a member of the National Debate Coaches Association [NDCA] - learn more about membership @ debatecoaches.org
* Breakfast & Lunch provided each day of competition [included in the fees] with each day ending early enough to explore the region!
* Fabulous Eagle awards to advancing competitors
* Housing with Harker families by request
* Going Green - our tournament is continually striving to reduce our carbon footprint including providing reusable water bottles & reducing paper use by the tournament
Feel free to email me if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in San Jose at the end of September!
Carol M. Green
Communication Studies Department Chair
Director of Public Forum Debate
Model United Nations Advisor
Executive Board Member, National Debate Coaches Association
The Harker School
500 Saratoga Avenue
San Jose, CA 95129
More information about the Ndca-l