[Ndca-l] Damus Hollywood Invitational: Partial LAX Closing

Christina Tallungan tallungan
Fri Nov 1 16:14:40 EDT 2013

Hello everyone -

I just learned that LAX is partially closed because there was a shooting in
terminal 3. LD doesn't start until 2pm tomorrow and I am currently working
on modified policy schedule with a later start in case there are widespread
delays.

There is some traffic going in and and out of LAX, but there are
significant delays. Here is an article about the closures and delays -
http://www.businessinsider.com/groundstop-at-lax-after-shooting-2013-11

If you are flying into LAX, *please check your flights and let me know what
your situation is so I can gauge if we need to change schedule for tomorrow*.
I will email out a modified schedule as soon as I can get an idea if it is
needed.

If you are looking for alternate airports for flight changes, Burbank,
Santa Ana, Ontario, and Long Beach are all decent options. Burbank is
actually closer to the school and hotel, but Ontario, Long Beach and Santa
Ana are longer drives.

I will do all I can to help those teams travelling today - please let me
know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Christina Tallungan