[Ndca-l] UPenn tournament open

Chris Palmer palmer
Tue Nov 26 17:46:15 EST 2013

>From Kanisha Parthasarathy <kanishap at sas.upenn.edu>:

Register now for Penn For Youth Debate's 2014 Liberty Bell Classic!

--

Penn for Youth Debate invites you to attend the 2014 Liberty Bell Classic,
the 39th annual LBC! This year?s tournament will be held *February 15th -

We are aiming to offer a uniquely affordable and quality competition on this
weekend. The LBC is a great opportunity to visit our beautiful city of
Philadelphia, and to find out what the University of Pennsylvania has to offer
students.

All proceeds from the LBC stay within the high school forensics activity and
are used to promote urban high school debate programs in Philadelphia.

The LBC offers the following categories of competition: Lincoln-Douglas Debate
(Varsity and Novice), Parliamentary Debate, Policy Debate, Public Forum Debate,
Congressional Debate, Oratory, Oral Interpretation, Dramatic Performance,
Extemporaneous, Duo Interpretation, and Declamation.

*We are very close to hitting our cap in PF, so please register ASAP.*

Like last year, Public Forum quarterfinalists and top six competitors in
Congressional Debate will receive a bid to the Tournament of Champions.  Also,
all finalists in Extemp and Oratory will receive invitations to compete in
their respective TOC round robin. Finally, this year we are very excited to
announce that the LBC will also award TOC bids to finalists in Lincoln-Douglas!

This year, we will continue our popular cheesesteak lunch, will continue to
expand the tournament into more buildings on campus, and are committed to
providing a high quality judging pool. Please continue reading for more
information, and review our website for the latest updates:

http://penn.tabroom.com.

If you have any questions, please email us at penn at tabroom.com.

Best of luck and we hope to see you in Philly!

Stefanie Rohde, Kanisha Parthasarathy, and the Penn for Youth Debate
Executive Board

--
Kanisha Parthasarathy
University of Pennsylvania