[Ndca-l] NDCA Forum for Coach Communication

dana randall danarandall
Mon Feb 24 14:05:42 EST 2014

Dear Members,

As I mentioned in my letter 1/31 and many others in the community have
expressed,  I would like to facilitate and engage in more discussions among
coaches regarding how to ensure this community, which we all care so deeply
for, remains one of the most educational and rewarding for all of our
students.
To that end I have arranged with the help of other NDCA board members the
space and time for any debate coach to gather and collectively fulfill that
objective.

The NDCA will host a conversation for coaches on Saturday March 22, 2014
from 11am-2pm at the Woodward tournament. There will be a presentation
regarding Mutual Preference Judging that will encompass the arguments for
or against MPJ, as well as possible strategies for addressing how to better
utilize the system with regard to the concerns raised in Jim Menick's email
to the list.  There will also be time following the presentation for
questions and conversation so we can become more acquainted with other
members of the coaching community.

I am also pleased to inform you that this year's NDCA tournament will begin
on the evening of Friday April 11, 2014 with a Coaches Reception hosted by
the board from 7-10pm at the tournament hotel.  Many board members will be
in attendance and look forward to initiating and/or continuing discussions
with coaches in the community to identify opportunities for improvement
with the organization and community at large.

I look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

Dana Randall
Director of Debate Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart
Chairperson of the Board, National Debate Coaches Association