[Ndca-l] Richard B. Sodikow

Jon Cruz joncruz1138
Wed May 7 22:31:30 EDT 2014

As many of you know, Richard B. Sodikow, the founder of the Bronx
Science Speech & Debate Team and its director for thirty years, passed
away earlier this week.  Richard was an incredible influence on
generations of students and colleagues at Bronx Science and in New
York, the Northeast, and the Nation. He was also a founding member of
the NDCA.

The current members and coaches of the Bronx Science Speech & Debate
Team will continue to work hard to carry on the tradition of
excellence that he established at his alma mater. The entire team has
been moved by the outpouring of love that has been expressed for Mr.
Sodikow since his passing. The comments on our team's Facebook page,
on my Facebook page, on Kirby Chin's Facebook page, and on the pages
of so many of Mr. Sodikow's former students and colleagues are truly
overwhelming.

Mr. Sodikow's family is holding a memorial service on Sunday, May 25,
2014 at Beth Israel Boynton Chapel (11115 Jog Road, Boynton Beach,
Florida) at 10:00 AM.

Additionally, the Bronx Science Speech & Debate Team is hosting a
memorial for Mr. Sodikow on Saturday, June 7, 2014 at the Bronx High
School of Science (75 West 205th Street, Bronx, New York) at 1:00 PM.

--
Jon Cruz
Director of Speech & Debate