[Ndca-l] Chattahoochee Debate Coach Opening 2015-2016

Garrett Abelkop abelkopg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:05:43 UTC 2015

Chattahoochee High School is seeking qualified applicants for the position
of Head Debate Coach and Teacher.

Chattahoochee has maintained one of the largest debate teams in the country
for over a decade.  We currently travel over 50 students to tournaments
across the state, region, and country.  The team only competes in Policy
Debate.

The Head Debate Coach is expected to organize a travel schedule, coordinate
argument research, maintain the debate budget, and manage the operation of
the team.  This involves travelling frequently to tournaments at all levels
of competition.

Hooch Debate has unparalleled administrative support.  Our Principal’s love
for debate is honestly beyond comparison.  Our team is also supported by
active parents and alumni who constantly contribute.

The position is tied to a Teaching position at Chattahoochee.  There are
currently two debate courses – one novice class and one varsity class.  In
addition to the two debate classes, the position will involve teaching
three other academic classes.   Previous coaches have taught English in
addition to debate however, there is the possibility of teaching social
studies, math, science, or foreign language depending on the qualifications
of the candidate.

The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher.

The candidate must either possess a valid Georgia teaching certificate, a
teaching certificate in a state that has reciprocity with Georgia, or be
willing to obtain provisional certification by passing the GACE Exam
(Georgia Assessment for the Certification of Educators).

Obtaining provisional certification through the GACE is rather easy for
candidates who do not currently possess a teaching certificate.

Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, a resume, and
contact information for two debate-related references to:

Garrett Abelkop

Administrative Assistant

Current Head Debate Coach

Chattahoochee High School