[Ndca-l] Georgetown Invitation -- PF (Finals Gold Bid) and Congress tournament

Stefan Bauschard stefan.bauschard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:34:39 UTC 2016

Welcome to the tabroom.com site for the 2017 Georgetown Public Forum and
Congress tournament.

https://www.tabroom.com/index/tourn/index.mhtml?tourn_id=5452

We offer Public Forum -- Varsity, JV (second year of debate, any grade),
Novice (very first year in debate), and Middle School -- anyone in grades
6-8.

We are also offering one division of Congress.

Entry Fees

- $125/PF Entry

- $75/Congress Entry

- $50 School Fee

- $150/entry judge fee (all events)

*Public Forum is a FINALS Gold TOC bid and a SEMIFINALS Silver Bid*

**PF Schedule*

*The PF tab will be directed by Stefan Bauschard*

*Saturday -- All Prelims*

8am - R1

10am- R2

12:30 -- R3

3pm -- R4

5:15 -- R5

7:30 -- R6

We WILL run on time. We did in 2016.

*Sunday -- Elims*

8am -- Doubles (double flighted)

10:30 -- Octos (double flighted)

1pm -- quarters (single flighted)

2:30 -- semis (single flighted)

4 -- finals (single flighted)

We anticiapte doubles in varsity.  Depending on the total # of entries, we
may have a smaller number of elims in the other events.

*Congress Schedule*

Congressional Debate will be tabbed by PJ Samorian.

Saturday

8am -- Round 1

12pm -- Round 2

3pm -- Washington, DC Bill Preparation.  PJ is going to work on this over
the next few months, but the basic idea is that the students will have the
opportunity to participate in some type of interaction in Washington, DC
that supports a debate on a final Saturday bill.

Sunday

8am -- Round 3

12pm -- Finals

4pm -- Awards

*Hotel*

*We have reserved a block at the Holiday Inn Roslyn*

Thank you for the signed contract, the *Georgetown Debate *OR *GD6* block
is now active in our reservations system.

  Guests can call into *703-807-2000 <703-807-2000> OR 800-368-3408
<800-368-3408> to speak with our in house reservations staff,*they will
need to mention Georgetown Debate OR GD6 in order to receive the discounted
rate of $130.

This hotel is directly across the street from the Marriott the Georgetown
tournament has used in the past. I did try to get rooms there, but they
would only agree to $199/night because the tournament is now on a holiday
weekend.

Please reserve early and please don't take more rooms than you anticipate
needing.

Stefan Bauschard, Tournament Director
Jonathan Paul, Georgetown Debate Director

--
Stefan Bauschard

Co-Founder, Millennial Speech & Debate / Global Academic Commons
millennialsd.com / globalacademic.org
Debate Coach, Lakeland Schools
International Programs Consultant, US National Speech & Debate Association
Consultant, Dipont Education Management (China)

(C) 781-775-0433
(F) 617-391-3067