[Ndca-l] Voices Foundation Round Robin (Oct 7+8) & Invitational (Oct 8-10)

Matson, Shawn smatson at presentationhs.org
Mon Aug 15 16:23:35 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Registration for the Voices Foundation Invitational is now open at
www.pres.tabroom.com.

Competition in the Voices RR (Oct 7+8), as well as in Varsity (Oct 8-10)
and Novice competition (Oct 8+9), will be hosted in San Jose, CA at
Presentation High School. We are a quarterfinals bid to the Tournament of
Champions.

*VOICES FOUNDATION*
Since 2005, the Voices Foundation has raised funds for members of the
debate community with financial need, in order to increase access to debate
opportunities. Last year we generated more than $15,000 for the Voices
Foundation through the tournament. We hope that you can join us for this
tremendous event for the entire community.

*THE TOURNAMENT*
The tournament will be able to accommodate up to 100 Varsity, and 50 Novice
competitors in Lincoln Douglas debate. Once we reach the cap in Varsity, we
will start a waitlist that will prioritize new school admission and then
smaller school entries. Novice entries will all be waitlisted pending
available space. There will be an initial cap of 5 entries in Varsity and 4
in Novice. Those caps will be lifted mid-September.

Both divisions will feature six preliminary rounds of debate and will clear
all winning records to the elimination rounds up to a full
double-octafinal. Mutual preference judging in VLD will be available to all
schools whose judges have entered their paradigms to the judgephilosophies
wiki.

If there's anything we can do to help get your team to Voices, please reach
out.
--
Shawn T. Matson
Director of Speech & Debate