[Ndca-l] (no subject)

Stefan Bauschard stefan.bauschard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:20:04 UTC 2016

*Lakeland Times Square PF Round RobinMarch 2, 2017*

*Location*:  E41 & Lexington, Two Blocks from Grand Central Station and a
few blocks from Times Square, Offices of Dipont Education Management

*Fee:* All teams will be asked to contribute $100/team to the NYC Urban
Debate League.  The costs of the tournament will be paid by Dipont and
Millennial Speech & Debate.  NYCUDL can directly invoice you.

*Total Teams & Schedule:  *Ten teams will be selected, with the teams
debating in two pods of 5.  The top two teams will advance to the finals.

8am – R1, pod a

9am – R1 pod b

10am – R2 pod a

11am – R2, pod b

12pm – R3, pod a

1pm – R3, pod b

2pm – R4, pod a

3pm – R4, pod b

4pm – R5, pod a

5pm – R5, pod b

6:30 – Finals

8pm – Dinner @ nearby restaurant

*Application Process*

We will take applications until December 15.  Accepted teams will be
notified December 19th.

*Decision-making Process*

Teams will be selected by Stefan Bauschard, Brian Manuel, and Janna White
based on competitive success and gender, racial, socioeconomic, and
geographic diversity.

*Judging*

We will have a strong and diverse judging pool..  Depending on the topic
and availability, we look to add an area expert.

*Topic*

We will default to the February topic.  There are many things to debate at
the moment, so *if there is a consensus among all selected and confirmed
participants to debate a different resolution* we will do so.  If there is
no consensus we will use the February topic.

*Tournament Participation*

RR participants are expected to debate in the Lakeland tournament March 3rd and
4th.  Lakeland uses the February topic.

*Hotels*

With 10 teams, there are not enough people to contract with a hotel, but
currently on Expedia there are many rooms for less than $200, which is
great for New York City.
*Application*

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfh016TIoRvZVjmW7Cw7vG2DL5pqeJ6YQkt6a7wcl_a0liRdQ/viewform

--
Stefan Bauschard

Co-Founder, Millennial Speech & Debate / Global Academic Commons
millennialsd.com / globalacademic.org
Debate Coach, Lakeland Schools
International Programs Consultant, US National Speech & Debate Association
Consultant, Dipont Education Management (China)

(C) 781-775-0433
(F) 617-391-3067