[Ndca-l] NDCA Dates

Dahle, Travis R Travis.Dahle at k12.sd.us
Tue Feb 28 15:25:57 EST 2017

Hello Coaches,

Has there ever been a discussion about moving the NDCA dates away from the Saturday-Tuesday format? The reason I am asking is that schools like mine can never come to the NDCA because of State rules against competing on Sundays. This takes out not only my school, but our entire state as well as several other states that have the same rules.

What would it take for the tournament to move to a Wednesday through Saturday tournament? Is that feasible and if so, what would that process look like?

Thank you for your thoughts on this for future NDCA Nationals.

Travis Dahle

Sioux Falls (SD) Washington HS Debate

Travis Dahle
Washington High School