[Ndca-l] NDCA Annual Awards

Shunta Jordan jordanshun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 15:19:39 EDT 2017

*Just a reminder....if you have nominations for the annual NDCA Awards,
please submit them ASAP. We'd like to get a ballot out to members by
Friday!*

Dear Members,

We are accepting nominations for the NDCA Annual Awards.  Descriptions for
the awards are below.  Please send nominating statements to
jordanshun at gmail.com. <danarandall at gmail.com> You will receive a ballot via
email in the next two weeks, directly preceding the Championship Tournament
in Utah.

Thank you,
Shunta

*Educator of the Year:*
The goal of this award is to recognize someone who has made outstanding
educational contributions to the debate community.  In order to be
nominated, an individual must be a member of the NDCA. Any member may
submit a nomination. A nomination must be for a current active coach. A
statement in support of the nominee is encouraged with the nomination. All
nominees fitting the above criteria will be placed on a ballot. All voting
members will be given one vote.

*Tournament Host of the Year:* The goal of this award is to recognize
tournaments that most closely adhere to NDCA best tournament practices, as
outlined in the NDCA tournament procedures. In order to be nominated, the
tournament host must be a member of the NDCA. Any member may submit a
nomination. A statement in support of the nomination is encouraged. All
nominees fitting the above criteria will be placed on a ballot. All voting
members will be given one vote.

*Rising Star Award:* The goal of this award is to recognize outstanding
coaches in their first five years of high school coaching.  In order to be
nominated, an individual must be a member of the NDCA. Any member may
submit a nomination. A nomination must be an active coach in their first
five years of coaching. A statement in support of the nominee is encouraged