[Ndca-l] NY Fall Faceoff @ Mamaroneck HS [Dec 1-3, 2017] - Registration Open

Brian Manuel clariondebate at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 14:48:36 EDT 2017

Greetings,

Registration is now open for the 2nd Annual NY Fall Faceoff @ Mamaroneck
HS. The dates are December 1-3, 2017 [Fri-Sun Schedule].  More information
can be found at - http://nyfallfaceoff.tabroom.com/

*A few quick notes about the tournament:*

- Tournament Dates are December 1-3, 2017 (New Fri-Sun Format)
- This year it will be hosted at Mamaroneck High School. Jonathan Horowitz,
Director of Debate, will be your tournament host.
- I will continue to the be the Tournament Director along with Tabroom
coordinator.
- We will offer limited student housing for competitors and students
judges.  Next year we will not be offering this option.
- Mamaroneck is approximately 20 miles/25-30 mins from both of the major
NYC airport (JFK and LaGuardia) for all of those teams outside of the
Tri-State area.
- We will continue to offer excellent food options throughout the
tournament. This years event will offer Dinner on Day 1 and Breakfast,
Lunch, & Dinner on Day 2.
- There is no tournament hotel for this years event. The invitation
provides some local options.
- SAT Conflict - If you have a conflict with the SAT date. Take it at
Mamaroneck HS. It's a testing site and you can pick up with the event right
after you completed testing.
- 2nd Year Breakout Division - We understand JV debate finds itself lost in
the northeast. Therefore, we intend to offer a 2nd year breakout division
for those students. If you have a pair of students competing together in
their second year of debate you will be asked to designate their entry at
the time of registration. We will guarantee at least a semi-final (if
interest exists) in the breakout to begin during the 2nd elim round of the
Open Division.  (If time permits we will aim to end this division on
Saturday evening).

All other information including fees, judging, etc can be found in the
invitation at our Tabroom page (http://nyfallfaceoff.tabroom.com
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnyfallfaceoff.tabroom.com%2F&h=eAQHxbD03AQE5d7lAna2CBkXo05OZIZm2r24TeQOjDUYNlQ&enc=AZPgX89p7yOXkCuvF8by_M8f_wr3sdQiis5efxzxa0H5Kac8WrEE7J49T_0BoJuqiPf9spso71KsE0OPS-iWPAhzdQL8fDVZAeckCvxMM82IWv7U1CGSbrRlXprSn0xgfP6Qy53sePn40AK_wklWiTqcnciwj1cpKLeofGG64BzQuLU9qL-9uNHtYqaQXmK_h7A&s=1>
)

We look forward to seeing you all this fall in Westchester County NY. If
you have questions please email us at nyfallfaceoff at gmail.com or reach out
to Jonathan or I directly.
Best
Brian